If you’re a basketball head who’s active on these social media streets, you’re familiar with the greatness of Oakley & Allen.
In short, they are curators of all things cool in relation to basketball. From finding obscure NBA jerseys of yesteryear to cropping together fantastic moments of playoff basketball, if you’re a fan of hoop, you should be a fan of O&A.
As it stands, one of the best things for me to watch on a Monday morning is their every seventh day tradition titled “The W33kly”, where they cobble together various clips from The Association and lay down a complimentary soundtrack that makes you feel good about life. This week, nothing but dunks and blocks…along with Kyrie Irving + Gregg Popovich shenanigans.
A couple of quick takeaways here after watching a few times:
- The Robin Lopez/Jae Crowder sneaker shenanigans made me die laughing at least 12 times this week. So funny.
- We got a Gerald Green playoff game in 2017.
- “Give Me A Happy Day” by Heart was immediately added to my Spotify playlist.
- David Fizdale cemented his legacy with his “Take That For Data” rant. However, his accent made me wonder where he’s from. Turns out, he’s from Los Angeles, which serves as a reminder… folks from LA can sound country as hell too.
- LeBron chase down blocks are for America.
Big ups to Viney Del Negro, Feel Jaxson and the rest of the O&A Crew as they’ve done great work for a long time. Give them a follow on YouTube and get ready for the next edition of “The W33kly” on Mondays.
Eddie Maisonet is the founder and editor emeritus of The Sports Fan Journal. Currently, he serves as an associate editor for ESPN.com. He is an unabashed Russell Westbrook and Barry Switzer apologist, owns over 100 fitteds and snapbacks, and lives by Reggie Jackson’s famous quote, “I am the straw that stirs the drink.”