On Wednesday, the good folks over at Nike did what they always do around this time of year. They casually notify the public that they'll be releasing a limited-edition of signature shoes worn by the three-pronged superstar grouping of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and LeBron James. As a result, Nike Basketball will unveil its 2014 Christmas Collection, featuring the Kobe 9, KD 7 and LeBron 12. Per usual, each player will display their signature sneaker with various holiday themes that will release on December 26 at Nike.com and select retail locations.
Enough with the words, check out the each of the shoes with the detailed photos below. If you're feeling gratuitous, feel free to cop me a pair of the KD 7 Egg Nogs because I've most definitely been a good boy. Size 13, please.Array
KOBE 9 Knit Stocking
- Based off knit stockings and candy canes – the Flyknit upper features red/white and plays on the knitted stocking theme, the marbled outsole is inspired by candy canes, "Mamba's Greetings" appears on the inner tongue
- Kobe will wear the shoe as the Lakers travel to Chicago to play the Bulls on Christmas day
KD 7 Egg Nog
- Inspired by Kevin liking egg nog – the Hyperposite heel features glossy flecks emulating condensation on a glass of egg nog, sock liner graphics call out Seat Pleasant and "Fresh Since '88" - a nod to Kevin's birth year
- KD will wear the shoe as the Thunder travel to San Antonio to play the Spurs on Christmas day
LEBRON 12 Akron Birch
- Features winter forest camo that includes birch trees – LeBron's hometown, Akron, has snowy winter weather and the birch tree camo pattern is a nod to Akron, a snowflake forms with hexagons on the shoe's lace loop on the tongue
- LeBron will wear the shoe as the Cavs travel to Miami to play the Heat on Christmas day
Which shoe is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section!
Eddie Maisonet is the founder and editor emeritus of The Sports Fan Journal. Currently, he serves as an associate editor for ESPN.com. He is an unabashed Russell Westbrook and Barry Switzer apologist, owns over 100 fitteds and snapbacks, and lives by Reggie Jackson’s famous quote, “I am the straw that stirs the drink.”