Looking to play a lottery online? We’ve created an awesome database of the best lotteries in the US. Plus we’ll reveal how to get top deals like the BetMGM bonus. Now you just need to pick your lucky numbers!
We’ve found some awesome lottery sites that have all of the major national lotteries like MegaMillions and Powerball. Plus you’ll find the best sites for playing lotteries anywhere from Maine to California. All of these gambling sites have been checked for your safety. Take a look below and discover the best lottery sites in the US!
The first important criterion in playing lottery games is choosing a reliable and suitable lotto site. Security of the website must be considered with great care. One way to ensure the safety of a lotto site is to check if there is padlock before the website URL in the bar. If there is, that means any personal information you input on the site will be safely stored and used. If the site has no such symbol, quickly look for another one that has.
Another criterion to consider is the jackpot size. Jackpots may vary between lotteries, starting from a few thousands to millions. Lottery operators usually have a display of lottery that captivates attention of players but will then host smaller lottery offerings.
After following all these criterions, the next step is to register an account on the website at one of the many lotteries in the US . Registering is easier at some operators than others. It requires the following information: proof of identity, a valid email address, personal information (surname, first name, family name, date of birth and so on), bank account details, and credit card information. Once your account has been set up, you can start playing lottery online conveniently.
Usually, you will get an email after each draw from your lottery agent informing you about the status of your lottery ticket whether it won or not and the prize money in case of a win. You can also watch the lottery draws live on television or the internet and check the results online, in the local newspaper or teletext.
You cannot pay for your lottery ticket in cash like you do at your local lottery retailer when playing lotto online, you rely on other payment methods and the internet has provided a wide variety of options such as PayPal, Google Checkout, Credit Card (American Express, Visa), Direct Debit, Debit Card, PaySafe and so on.
Although there are several ways for you to pay for your lottery ticket, the method of paying winners out is almost the same for most lotteries. If the amount is up to a particular amount, the lottery will credit it to your user account but if the amount is beyond limit, you will be contacted personally before the prize money is sent automatically to your bank account. Sometimes, experienced consultants are assigned to winners of huge jackpot for advise on how to deal with the prize money.
1. Phishing Emails: Phishing is a typical and predominantly email based scam, where scammers attempt to lure and trap you with a fake message pretending to be from a trusted & reliable source in order to pry into your personal data such as your bank account information. Most times the email will impersonate a well-known and trusted company such as a bank making use of the company’s brand to make it look legitimate. The message is always designed in such a way that makes you spring to action, for example, you might be told that your account has been compromised or disabled. In cases of lottery scams, the message always requests you to pay advance fee for a lottery you’ve supposedly won, the lottery you didn’t enter. Thus, you have to be wary of these emails, do not give out your personal details over the mail. Also avoid clicking on links that look suspect as the site link may try to download viruses on your personal computer.
2. Use only SSL-protected pages: Always ensure that the site you are entering your data and any sensitive information required to complete an online transaction is secured with SSL. SSL is an encryption that secures and encodes sensitive data. It is usually very difficult for hackers to hack these websites. The SSL encryption is activated with a ‘lock’ icon in your address bar. It is advised that you only click on address that starts with ‘https’, and not ‘http’ as the ‘S’ means that the site is ‘secure’.
3. Use only Trusted Websites: Always check for certificates of companies like VeriSign or Thawte when accessing lottery websites. Be sure that the site is legitimate and licensed by the appropriate government agencies. Legal and legit lottery sites have all necessary details on the footer of their page with further information in their about and terms & condition pages.
4. Check the contact details of the company: Always ensure that the company you are transacting with is legitimate and actually exists and not just a dummy site. Do well to check the contact page of the site to ascertain if the company addresses match its name.
5. Check if the company is insured: There are a lot of scammers who offer the opportunity of playing lottery online without having the capacity to pay up. There have been instances where players win jackpots but are unable to redeem their prices because the provider went bankrupt. Make sure the company is legitimately insured with a well-recognized insurance company.
6. Check the reputation of the company: Make sure you check the reputation of the lottery company by checking out past reviews of the company by player, although you should be aware that some reviews posted online are biased because they are written by the company’s affiliates.
8. Scrutinize the page for hidden fees: Always scrutinize the page for hidden fees and all other hidden instructions that may hinder you from stress-free cash outs.
9. Enter in correct information: Double check your personal information while opening an online lotto account to ensure that they are correct. Also take note of your account password.
10. Keep records of your transactions: Always print out a hardcopy or PDF of your purchase. You may also screenshot and save the transaction records to serve as proof in case anything goes wrong. It is also part of your individual right to receive automatic confirmation via email.
11. Do not give your details to any third party: Don’t respond to phishing emails requesting your personal information such as your financial information. No bank or trusted company will request for your personal information in such a way.
12. Use a secured credit card: It is always better to use a secure credit card rather than a debit card for making online transactions. You may also ask your credit card provider the exact type of fraud protection embedded in the card for better online protection.
13. Play online with your personal computer: Always play lottery online with only your computer. Avoid using public computers, connections and wifi. Make sure you log out of your account properly even on your own computer.
14. Install protection against data theft: Take extra caution to protect your computer from viruses, hacks, Trojans and other malware. There are lots of tools that you can used to safely secure your computer, some are free and some are not. But note that no software can offer you 100% protection so you must be very careful.
There is a reason it is called online lottery games. It is to grant unlimited access to people all over the world to utilize the opportunity of making quick money. Although, there are some exceptions. It is better to find out if the online lottery game allows entry from your country, and from which region. Also check for age restrictions and limitations. For more relevant information, we invite all players to check our lottery comparison page and find out there they can play lottery online with absolute ease and comfort.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.