Money Fantasy Leagues 2020
The rising popularity of fantasy sports cannot be denied and there are many reasons that so many people are getting involved with the game. However, one of the main reasons is surely the fact that there is plenty of money to be won in money fantasy leagues all over the internet.
Fantasy sports can be played for free and they are quite fun to play that way too, but there is nothing like the excitement of winning real money fantasy leagues and taking home the big bucks. This page is dedicated to the best money fantasy leagues and teaching new players how they can win real money by playing fantasy sports on their computers or mobile devices.
Money Fantasy Leagues in a Nutshell
- Play fantasy sports for real money
- Enjoy the thrill of real money competition
- Win your share of massive guaranteed prize pools
- Check out various sites for a range of real money contests
Getting Started with Real Money Fantasy Sports
Fantasy sports have been around for decades, with players initially pooling money together in work or among friends and organizing real money fantasy leagues in their homes and offices. With the development of the internet, fantasy sports moved online and the daily fantasy sports were introduced to make things even more exciting.
Sports fans who are looking to get started with fantasy sports have many options nowadays and playing for free is the one option that seems the most acceptable if you have never played before. Fortunately, all the top fantasy sites offer fun contests which are designed for novice players to get acquainted with the games, as well as plenty of freeroll contests in which actual money can be won without any risk.
Players who are completely new to the game should be taking baby steps into the world of fantasy sports and definitely not risking too much money at first. We recommend checking out our list of the top fantasy sports sites, picking one of the top operators to play with and gradually starting out with the free contests.
We understand that everyone wants to win real money and there is plenty of time for that, but as a novice what you really want is to get familiar with the rules of the contests, the points structure of the sport you are looking to play and the general dynamic of fantasy sports. We created a fantasy cheat sheet to help you getting started.
Legality of Fantasy Sports
Fantasy sports are often mistaken with sports betting by people who don’t know better. After all, the similarities are hard to miss and people who don’t understand fantasy sports on a deeper level can easily mistake it for straight up gambling.
However, this could hardly be any further from the truth as fantasy sports present a very clear skill element that is the main determining factor in who wins or loses in the long run. This skill focus of the game was confirmed by the Congress in 2006 in an Act that separated fantasy sports from gambling games and made way for an entire online fantasy sports industry to emerge.
Since then, dozens of daily fantasy sports sites have opened shop across America and allowed players to compete at their favorite game. However, daily fantasy sports did not go down well with all the states and many daily fantasy sports sites are now blocked in anywhere between five and fifteen states.
This still means that in the majority of USA, players can play fantasy sports as they please, while residents of some states may have some trouble finding a site to play at. Some of the states in which a number of sites are blocked include:
- Washington State
Players who live in one of these states or any other state should carefully examine the legal terms and conditions of any site they are trying to sign up with. In most cases, players who live in states that are not accepted at a site will not be allowed to access or sign up with the site, but we also recommend double checking to make sure.
To help players out, we have created a filter in our fantasy sports sites comparison which allows players to only display the sites and fantasy sports apps that are available in their state. This way, one will never end up wasting time trying to sign up with a site at which they are not eligible to play. We created a daily fantasy strategy for everyone eligible to play.
Playing Fantasy Sports for Real Money
Playing fantasy sports for money is quite a bit different than playing free contests, mainly because one has to risk their own real money in order to participate. Barring freerolls, all other real money contests require a player to pay entry fee, which can range from USD 0.10 all the way up to USD 10.000 in some cases.
Thanks to so many different fantasy sports sites that are available out there, players can really choose what kind of contest they wish to enter, both in terms of the initial entry fee and the guaranteed prize pool. Players looking for lower variance and more steady profits will want to master the H2H and double up contests while those looking to turn a small investment into a massive profit will definitely need to look at the massive guaranteed prize pool contests instead.
Those who are looking to build up their bankroll and compete against weak competition in small field contests will likely want to sign up with the smaller and less popular sites in order to avoid playing against the more serious managers out there. On the other hand, the best money fantasy leagues with the biggest prize pools are definitely organized by industry leaders such as FanDuel and DraftKings.
How one chooses the contests and leagues to participate in is a completely personal decision and we recommend that every player makes this choice on their own. The one thing we can definitely say is that novice players should not over extend themselves and start playing big buyin contests, regardless of their financial means, as such contests generally tend to have tougher competition, which players should avoid when just starting out with fantasy sports.
Choose Your Fantasy Sport
Fantasy sports originally used to be all about football, but times changed and many other fantasy sports were added to the mix with time. Today, real money fantasy sports include a dozen different sports and hundreds of competitions which players can enter on a daily basis. Some of the most popular fantasy sports you can play for real cash include:
- Fantasy Football: Fantasy football was the original fantasy sport back in the day, with a history spanning for decades. Football fans around the country can enter daily fantasy football contests on a regular basis and some of the biggest guaranteed prize pools are awarded in fantasy football contests. The National Fantasy Football Championship is one of the highlights.
- Fantasy Baseball: Baseball is another one of the most popular sports in USA and money leagues in fantasy baseball are very common at online fantasy sports sites. Baseball fans have a lot of different options when it comes to playing fantasy as nearly every site offers baseball as one of the sports offered. Especially the NFBC gets a lot of attention.
- Fantasy Basketball: Fans of NBA and college basketball can also enjoy the thrills of fantasy with numerous real money fantasy basketball leagues available online. Signing up with any major fantasy sports site will give you a chance to put your NBA knowledge to good use.
- Fantasy Golf: While it is certainly not the most popular of all fantasy sports, fantasy golf is often found at fantasy sports sites that feature multiple sports. Fantasy golf usually includes the PGA contests and allows players to make full rosters of players for the most popular tournaments.
- Fantasy NASCAR: Are you a fan of motor sports? Than fantasy NASCAR will give you a chance to add the thrill of real money competition to your regular hobby of watching NASCAR. Join a fantasy site that features NASCAR contests and enjoy the ride.
Start Playing for Real Money
Real money fantasy sports take the thrill of competition to a whole new level as there is real cash on the line and a lot to be lost or gained. Check out our comparison of the top rated fantasy sports sites, join one of the operators, make your first deposit, and start competing in real money fantasy contests today. With some practice, you may just become the next legendary fantasy manager.
|1. Operator Review||$500 20% Dep. Bonus DraftKings Bonus Code||
|2. Operator Review||$5 Dep. Bonus FanDuel Bonus Code||
|3. Operator Review||N/A CDM Sports Bonus Code||
|4. Operator Review||$1 No Dep. Bonus Draft.com Bonus Code||
|5. Operator Review||N/A FantasyDraft Bonus Code||