Daily Fantasy Strategy 2021Overview
Daily fantasy sports have been occupying the minds and souls of countless Americans over the last decade, with the introduction of daily fantasy sports really turning the game from an occasional hobby of the few into an all-out madness for the masses. While they are certainly fun for anyone to participate in, daily fantasy sports are a game of skill and today we look at some basic daily fantasy strategy that may help you get better results with DFS moving forward.
While this short strategy guide for daily fantasy sports is meant mostly for novice players, there is no shame in taking a peak even if you are an experienced manager. After all, one can never get too much information and the one included in this guide is definitely worth the read.
Top Daily Fantasy Tips
- Keep a healthy bankroll at all times
- Play against players at your own skill level
- Don’t worry about losing or winning streaks
- Only enter games you care and know about
- Remember to always keep it fun and enjoyable
Getting Started with Daily Fantasy Sports
Daily fantasy sports are all the rage nowadays, and there are people coming in from all walks of life and getting started with DFS. Many of those who come in have tried sports betting or gambling games in the past and believe that there is just as much luck involved in fantasy sports, but this is not really the case. Just like poker, Daily Fantasy Sports are a mixture of luck and skill and in the long run, the better players always come out on top.
If you have never played daily fantasy sports before, you should take some time to get acquainted with the game and understand its most basic concepts. To this end, many fantasy sports sites organize freeroll contests or give away free buyins into low buyin contests, allowing novice players to still get some action.
Regardless of how much money one can afford to spend on daily fantasy, we recommend always starting out small. The competition in money fantasy leagues in the low buyin contests will always be weaker, which means that novice players have a better chance of doing well and it is always good to get that confidence boost of a good start.
For new players just getting into daily fantasy sports, here are a few basic tips to follow:
- Start out small: Start playing the low buyin contests and build your way up. Facing the weaker competition in the low buyin contests will help you build confidence and perform better in the future.
- Don’t be results oriented: Daily fantasy sports are a game of variance and your teams may lose even when you choose very well. The real trick is in getting that solid lineup week in and week out. If your players all performed just about as expected, you did well, don’t worry about that one miracle of the week winning the contest for some other players.
- Mind your bankroll: Bankroll management is important with any type of investment, and daily fantasy sports are an investment indeed. Players should always have a sufficient bankroll to sustain a losing streak at their chosen buyin level.
- Play the sports you love: People often fall into the trap of playing fantasy sports that they are not really crazy about. This is a mistake! If you are not an NHL fan, just looking at some daily fantasy NHL strategy will not immediately make you an NHL expert. Stick to the sports you know and love!
- Remember to have fun: Whether you are playing to kill some time or planning to make a career out of DFS, remember to always have fun with it as well. Daily fantasy can be incredibly fun, so make use of that and don’t forget to enjoy the ride.
Advanced Daily Fantasy Tips & Tricks
New players who just start playing daily fantasy may need some time to adjust, but a time quickly comes when a newbie turns into a serious daily fantasy player. For those players who are at this point, we also have daily fantasy sports advice, which can be useful in all sorts of situations.
The nature of this guide is such that it tries to teach players about the basic concepts and overall ideas that should be kept in mind. For the more advanced fantasy managers we have created a list of additional advice to be taken into consideration, without going into specifics of any fantasy sport. Here are a few tips for the more advanced players out there:
- Stick to a single site: What many players don’t know is that not all the fantasy sports sites apply the same scoring rules. Changing sites often means getting acquainted with a whole new set of points scoring rules, which is not advisable. Once you find a good site to play at, stick to it for a while.
- Play the double ups: While the massive guaranteed prize pool contests may be alluring, they are not exactly where the skill shows the best. There is a ton of variance in such contests, whereas solid managers can make a steady profit out of the double up or H2H contests.
- Look for value: If you are playing DFS to make money and win, it should not matter where the value is coming from. If a site is offering a good bonus or you find a contest with an overlay, make sure to jump at the opportunity and take that extra value.
- Use all the resources: The internet is absolutely loaded with great daily fantasy strategy for NFL and other sports, so why not make use of that. Don’t just assume you know better than everyone and take heed when the more experienced managers are trying to give you advice.
- Don’t go against yourself: If you truly have a gut feeling or believe that one player will over perform or underperform, trust your gut and go with it. You don’t always have to be right, but if you are to become a good fantasy manager, you should learn to trust yourself.
- Do the research: After a while, many managers become complacent and believe they know what they are doing even without proper research. If you don’t have the time to do the proper research, skip a week or day and come back when you do have the time to play properly.
- Don’t worry about salary cap: The salary cap is in place to make sure managers don’t get too much talent, but this does not mean you have to spend it to the last cent every single time. If your spending leaves you slightly under the cap, that’s completely fine as long as you believe in the players you did choose.
- Don’t mind the variance: Variance is a crucial component of fantasy sports. If you have the bankroll to keep playing and you believe that the lineups you are setting up are profitable, keep going and don’t worry about it. You will come out on top in the end.
- Believe in yourself: This may just be one of the most important tips we can give you. Don’t lose your confidence over a single poor decision or missed value. There are plenty of game weeks to come and every week is a new opportunity to shine.
Players who are looking to become the best of the best will have to do a lot of research and learning on their own in order to someday hope to become the elite. However, we hope that the little pieces of daily fantasy sports strategy we have shared here will help you on the way. For even more fantasy sports tips, we suggest you check out our fantasy cheat sheet and fantasy sports sites.
Get Started with Fantasy Sports Today
Fantasy sports offer a nearly limitless source of entertainment and excitement for all sports fans as well as a potential source of income for those who are patient enough to learn how to play them at a top level. We hope our advice has helped you out and that you are now ready to join a daily fantasy site and start playing yourself. Check out our comparison of the top daily fantasy sports sites and pick the best site for the state you are living in to get you started. Operators provide fantasy sports apps for mobile players as well. Everyone who wants to host an event themselves should look into fantasy sports draft boards.
|$5 Dep. Bonus||T&Cs Apply Play Now FanDuel Review|
|$500 20% Dep. Bonus||T&Cs Apply Play Now DraftKings Review|
|N/A||T&Cs Apply Play Now CDM Sports Review|
|$1 No Dep. Bonus||T&Cs Apply Play Now Draft.com Review|
|N/A||T&Cs Apply Play Now FantasyDraft Review|