Craps Strategy 2020How to win in Craps
If you ever find yourself lost inside a land-based casino and you feel like hitting the Craps table, just follow the screams and the yelling and you'll get there in a minute. The kind of emotions raised by this classic thrills every player on board at every roll of the dices. Make sure you're holding on to your rabbit's foot and join us in our journey to find the most successful strategies in Craps.
After placing your bets, it's always useful to remind you of the following tips:
- You can always try these strategies for free in online casinos
- Establish your bankroll according to your personal entertainment budget
- Make sure you're comfortable with the rules
Craps Strategies: The Top 4 Strategies explained
How to win in Craps? This is a game with many enthusiasts coming from investigative fields of statistics and mathematics, mainly because of the challenging numbers behind certain combinations. Let's visit some of the outcomes of many years of study trying to beat the casinos, just as we did on our article Blackjack Strategy: How to win in Blackjack. And of course, remember avoiding Hard Way or Field Bets at all cost.
Take advantage of the Pass Line and Don't Pass Line bets
Betting against the line will leave the house with an advantage as low as 1.4%, this is a basic rule that you must always keep in mind, but it would mean that you're betting against every person at the table, which can be considered rude: hoping for a seven when everybody else is praying for a different number might win you some enemies.
Making a combined bet
Buy 10 and 4, and cover yourself placing on 6 and 8, because that bet is obviously cheaper and they have the best odds and a very respectable chance of being hit. This bet is as old as the time this game was called "Hazard." How to win at craps includes remembering some old techniques!
The 5-point method
This method is an approach that relies on establishing how likely a player is to roll out specific and favorable outcomes of the dices. Depending on the numbers they get, players are assigned with one point when they get a four to ten, without considering the seven as an outcome. The first time they get it a single point is granted. To resume, 2, 3, 7, 11 and 12 do not count.
Then, for the next three rolls, any number will count. If he gets a six for the second roll, an eleven for the third, an eight for the fourth, and any number from four to ten excluding the seven for the fifth, you'll be placing your bet at his sixth throw of the dices. You've got yourself a hot roller that is not likely to throw many sevens. Keep in mind that you'll have to start screening every roller when they change positions. Just like when you're facing a lousy croupier at the Roulette, find out everything about that game in our article Roulette Strategy: How to win in Roulette.
Avoiding bad bets is the best strategy
Below is a list of the bets you should stop trying if you want to become a successful player at Craps:
- A terrible bet to make is the "any seven," which will pay out whenever a seven comes out on the next roll. The statistics are in favor of the casino for 17%, so it's one of the worst scenarios you can aim for.
- Bet on snake eyes. Chances of getting a two in Craps are 1/36, but it only pays 30 to 1.
- Betting on the field: This is a common mistake for beginner players, because of the high chances that they assume are possible due to the number of outcomes. You win when 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12 are the outcome, and lose when 5, 6, 7, or 8 are rolled. The thing is these last combinations represent 56% of the probable result.
- Buy 4 / 10: This bet is a bad call when the casino takes a 5% commission on all bets, representing a 4.76% house edge; but it's doable when the casino only takes their part when it's a win, in which case their house advantage lowers to 1.7%. Not many casinos allow for this, so stay aware.
- Using Craps and Eleven bets: Also a mistake for players that is presented in an attractive way to lure you into considering it. You win 3:1 when 2, 3, or 12 are rolled, and get paid 7:1 if an eleven comes out. Given that there are 4 combinations, looks doable, but they are the least likely results for dices to roll.
Knowing when to raise your bets and when to defend tour bankroll
Many professional gamblers agree that the best opportunity to raise your bets is when you're up in the numbers and keep lowering them if you're on a bad streak. Trying to overcompensate is one of the many challenges in any casino game, which is sometimes hard to deal with from a psychological point of view. Stay true to your initial strategy and don't try to back your loses by exceeding your initial deposit intentions.
As much as it is enjoyable, the adrenaline when you're risking more significant sums of money is something many players fall in love with. Stay sharp and remember you're here to have fun, and cool down before making any sudden decisions that look like an easy way out to a bad start, just as we pointed out in Video Poker Strategy: How to win in Video Poker.
The advantages of playing online craps
There are not many moments as exciting as getting to roll the dices on a real craps table, but there are so many advantages to playing online craps, that we might be able that for a particular trip sometime as part of our to-do list. Just like we mentioned in our article about Online Slot Strategy: How to win in Online Slots: it might be nice to sit in front of one of these giants, but it's more profitable to do it from our mobile or desktop.
Let's review some of the most important reasons we want to be playing remotely when our goal is to beat a casino:
- There is no better way to learn how to play craps than doing it online. You can even do it for free using demos and welcome bonuses from casinos.
- Better betting conditions. Most craps tables in brick and mortar casinos ask for a minimum of $5 to bet. That might be considered a lot of money for some people. But you can go as low as $1 when playing online for a minimum.
- No interruptions, no waiting for your turn. You'll set the rhythm of the game without feeling pushed by other players. Croupiers are trained to move fast because every minute is another opportunity of winning money. Not the case online, though. This is also a great advantage when playing Baccarat (Baccarat Strategy: How to win in Baccarat).
You're in a for a fantastic ride
At captaingambling, we are thrilled to participate in your Craps training process and increase your chances to win more money by employing strategies, avoiding bad bets, and compare different casino offers on Craps. Make sure you register for free on our website to gain access to the best games and tips. Don't miss our article Are there Online Casino Strategies and can they help? for a comprehensive vision of the online gambling scenario. Check out the best online casinos in the following comparison.
|1. Operator Review||$1000 100% Dep. Bonus Golden Nugget Online Bonus Code|
|2. Operator Review||$35 No Dep. Bonus DraftKings Casino Bonus Code|
|3. Operator Review||$300 100% Welcome Bonus Harrah’s Online Casino Bonus Code|
|4. Operator Review||$300 100% Dep. Bonus Caesars Online Casino Bonus Code|
|5. Operator Review||$500 100% Dep. Bonus Unibet Casino Bonus Code|