World Series Betting US 2020
Major League Baseball’s World Series is known by almost all especially in the US where it is commonly known as ‘the fall classic’. This world series contains a combo of a 162 games schedule and which are played in a month-long arrangement. There are lots and lots of betting opportunities for punters in baseball betting before and during the world series. Many bookies put forth bets on different aspects of the series such as; who will win the title, run totals and other live betting options. This is because the baseball season leading to the World Series is yearlong with a lot of wagering opportunities.
Highlights of World Series Betting
- Runline bets are great alternative to moneyline bets in World Series betting
- The baseball season is yearlong to the world series
- Parlays in World Series betting are very risky
The path to the World Series of Major League Baseball in America consists of 30 teams playing in two leagues, the American League and the National League. Each of the leagues is typically divided into 3 set of divisions consisting of 5 teams. In each of the leagues, three division winners will quality for after season, also, two winners who do not belong to any divisions (called cards) but have the best of records will also qualify. The best overall record will determine which of division winners will qualify for the Playoff within each league. Below is an explanation of the different activities that make up the World Series;
- Wild-Card Games: This is a one-game play-in between the 2 wild card teams from each of the two leagues. The winner then proceeds to what is known as the Division Series Round.
- Division Series: Whoever wins the wild card game then plays with the division winner who has the best record in best of 5 series. On the other hand, two division players also play the series.
- League Championship Series: In this stage, the 2 League Series, both American League and the National League play a best of 7 series, the winners in both leagues then qualify to meet at the level of the World Series.
This tight schedule of games offers punters and sports fans a variety of betting opportunities and live MLB odds. Punters with great success records have a knack for researching a lot before they put their money on bets on MLB odds, hence, they make a lot of cool cash. Let us consider some strategies unique to betting on MLB.
Betting the World Series Proper
Betting on MLB is the same as betting on the world series in the regular season, in the sense that bettors can choose which potential series winners and they can also bet on other individual games, propositions, and future bets.
Some of the techniques used are outlined below as in our former article on betting on MLB
Moneyline World Series Betting
Virtually all sports whether its baseball, hockey or NBA betting involves a moneyline bet. A moneyline wager is one that is placed on either the favorite or the underdog to win straight up. All that matters is who wins. However, betting on a moneyline favorite always pays less than winning a bet on an underdog. Favorites are always shown with the minus sign (-) and underdogs are shown with the plus sign (+).
The underdog team is represented with the plus sign (+) and the number after the sign is your wager with a $100 return.
The Favorite team is represented with the minus sign (-) and the number after the sign is wager with a $100 return.
For the Team Boston and the Team Chicago world series, this is the supposed game line look:
- Team Boston -200 Vs Team Chicago +170
This gameline will be interpreted as;
A bet on the favorite team Boston Red Sox would cost $200 to win $100 and On the other hand, a wager on the underdog team Chicago will cost $170 on a $100 win.
Moneylines are typically based on plus and minus figures and they are indicators for how much stake a bettor must place in order to win a bet. So as in our previous example, if Boston Red Sox has a money line of -180 it means you must bet $180 to win $100.
Positive numbers likewise indicate how much you'd win from a $100 bet. So, if Chicago White Sox has money line of +150, it would mean a win of $150 on a $100 bet. To work out how much you'd win on a different bet amount, you just have to scale the figure up or down accordingly.
Betting the totals involves betting how many runs will be scored in a single game by both teams involved combined. If the over/under market for this game is set at 8.0, you would be betting on whether or not the teams would score more or fewer than 8.0 runs combined.
The Runline Bet
Run line bets are special baseball, and they are quite a regular option for bettors. Consider this bet type as a form of point spread for baseball. to baseball, and they are a popular option for punters. Think of the run line as a point spread for baseball. This is especially good when betting favorites.
Let’s say you are betting a favored team with a -1.5 run line. This means that the team must win by two runs or more to cover the bet. If you were betting the underdog +1.5, you would need your team to either lose by only one or win the game to collect a winning wager.
Let’s assume you are backing a favorite team with a -1.5 run line. The implication of this is that the team must actually win the game by 2 runs or more in order to win the bet. In the event that you were backing the underdog at +1.5, the team has to either lose the game by one or go ahead to win the game in order to win the bet.
Betting World Series Totals
Totals, or over-under, bets are another type of wagers that sports punters place on baseball games. A World Series total betting allows you to wager on the total number of runs that will be scored by both teams in a World Series game. These wagers are usually staked on the total number of score runs that will be scored by the two teams in a game. The sports bookie will set a line with a half point added, called the hook. The hook ensures that every bet accepted will fall on one side of the line; mostly a (.5) is added to achieve this. There will be no draws.
World Series Prop Bets.
Prop bets means that you are allowed to bet on instances that are very specific, particularly during the World series. You get to bet on individual players. Other examples could be:
- What will be the longest home run hit
- Bet on the number of bases will win
- The number of home runs that a particular player can have
- Number of strike outs that a pitcher will have
- The first manager to get fired
World Series Betting Tips
- Bettors tend to look at past series and statistics of teams to make an informed bet. An important factor to consider is if the team has had a relatively easier season compared to the others.
- Punters that are considering wagering on games individually can also look back at how pitchers have fared in the past and also how they have managed to trend during the playoff.
- Sometimes, teams that are considered favorites split winnings individually with the underdogs, so over reliance of the big teams may be a bad decision.
- Sometimes, backing the wild card teams may be wise since they have played important games until the end of the season.
Which bookmakers offer the Best World Series Betting Deals?
For expert sports betting odds and World Series betting service, live odds changes from the major sports bookmarkers, find out which sport bookies offer the best odds at our sports betting comparison page for profitable bets. The information on our sports betting comparison page is researched critically to help you make the best choices and to ensure you profit maximally from World Series betting. Thus, it is important to use this service to have an eye-opener and edge over MLB betting odds.
|1.||$500 100% Risk-free Bet||T&Cs Apply Play Now 888Sport Review|
|2.||$300 100% Bet Match Welcome||T&Cs Apply Play Now Caesars Sports Review|
|3.||$100 100% Risk Free Bet||T&Cs Apply Play Now Golden Nugget Review|
|4.||$600 100% Risk-Free Bet||T&Cs Apply Play Now Unibet Review|
|5.||$100 100% Bet Credits||T&Cs Apply Play Now Borgata Sportsbook Review|